Friday, April 13, 2012

More Excitement

There have been a few more exciting things going on around here that I want to document on the ol' blog.

1. UK won their 8th National Championship last week!!! When I started college in the fall of 2001, I had high hopes that I would see a national championship during my time at college. That didn't happen. But now, 11 seasons later, they finally did it! This meant lots of fun times watching games with friends. And, since none of us got to experience a national championship while we were in college, we all went to campus to watch the national championship game and celebrate in the streets with all the crazies. It was such a fun night, and I'm so glad that we got to experience it.

During the game

All the people celebrating in the street after

Proud to be Kentucky Wildcats!

2. Lucianne had her baby! Last week, Lu gave birth to a precious little baby girl. I love her already. I'm bringing Kristian and Luci dinner tonight and can't wait to lay my eyes on the sweet girl again. I'm excited to watch her grow up, and see her little personality develop, see which of her parents' characteristics she got, and see her grow into a little girl who knows she is loved by so many people, but most importantly, by Jesus.  Here are a few photos from the hospital.

Luci and Maeli

Derek and sweet Maeli

3. Easter! We celebrated Easter with Derek's family. It was a wonderful weekend of time with family, and celebrating the greatest gift we could ever imagine. I'll end this post with a little picture of our nephew Oliver, cutest thing ever!

No comments: