Thursday, July 30, 2009

Treasure Hunt!

So I've been thinking about starting a blog for a little while now, but was hesitant for various reasons:

1) I lacked inspiration on what to call it

2) I was nervous that I would start it and then never post to it

3) I'm not super creative nor am I a great writer, so I am kind of nervous that it won't be very interesting or entertaining

But tonight I got the inspiration I needed and a funny story for my first post so I am going to give it a shot!

So our friend Sarah is living with us and tonight was enchilada night, which means we make enchiladas and all eat dinner together. After dinner we were sitting around trying to figure out what to do when Derek came up with 6 or 7 ideas of things we could do, the last of which was that he would make a treasure hunt for us around the house. I don't remember the last time I have been on a treasure hunt, so we voted for that idea.

Sarah and I left to go run an errand while Derek set up the treasure hunt in the house. We came back to the Chicago Bulls Warm Up Music and Derek announcing the treasure hunt starting line up (which was Sarah and myself) and giving us the first clue, which was that the next clue could be found in Bethoven's favorite fruit - which is Ba-na-na-nas! And that was the start of the treasure hunt. He had us all over the house looking for clues.

The treasure hunt ended with:

Here you are at the end,
Are you having fun my treasure seeking friends?
The next clue will be as hard as falling rain,
Unless you use your heart instead of your brain.

The final clue will leave you without a pulse, yo!
Because where your treasure is there your heart is also.

I know, Derek's rhyming skills are unbelievable. But the last clue was in his Bible at Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is there your heart will be also." Which is what gave me the idea for the title of this blog. I will write about all of the things I treasure in life, including but not limited to:

1. Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior
2. My wonderful and hilarious husband
3. My amazing family and friends
4. My precious dog Moose and my two kittens, Topanga and Mr. Feeny
5. Simple things in life that make me smile and remind me how great our God is.

So this post was long - I don't think they will be this long in the future. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: