Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Little R&R

With all of the craziness of last week, returning from camp and trying to get back into the swing of things, this past weekend was just what I needed. Derek and I headed up to Columbus to visit my parents and my sister for the weekend. We were hoping to get to visit with her boyfriend Jeff too, but while they were in Columbus, their saint bernard puppy, Petunia, got hit by a car, so Jeff had to go back to Colorado to take care fo the pup. Luckily Petunia is doing better and better each day.

Anywho, I took the day off Friday, so we headed up early Friday morning so we could spend maximum time with my sis, before she had to head back to Colorado on Saturday. We honestly didn't do a whole heck of a lot besides just hang out and visit, and while I normally love trying to pack all of my favorite Columbus activities into every trip up there, it was really nice to not do a whole lot. We took Moose to Antrim lake to let him swim, had an 80th birthday party for my grandma, went to a Columbus Crew game and watched fireworks afterwards, saw Toy Story 3, played some frisbee golf and spent the rest of the time eating, sleeping, talking, and laying in the hammock and just being.

There is something about going home to my parents house that is just so relaxing. Maybe it is not having to worry about cooking or cleaning or any of the other responsibilities I have at home and just being able to relax for the weekend, but it was absolutely glorious. My cold is for the most part, gone, which is also great.

Of course, now that I am back in Lexington I feel like I have way too much to do, and so little time, as this coming weekend is my last free weekend in town between now and the middle of the August. Can you all believe how quickly this summer is flying by? I will try to be back soon with an interesting post - just not sure about what. Hope everyone had a fabulous fourth of July, whether it was relaxing or crazy and event-filled.  I am loving reading about how everyone celebrates the 4th.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend here in Cbus! I love Antrim and I'm sure it was crazy busy last weekend with the hot weather. I've actually never been to a Crew game. Any fun?

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Sounds like just what you needed! You're right - the summer IS flying by, but that makes me happy because it means FALL is just around the corner (which happens to be the most wonderful time of the year in my world!). Hope you're having a great Thursday so far...