Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We've been busy little bees around here recently, and right now we're at the height of Christmas party season. So many things to do. Usually weekends are my time to catch up on sleep, but this weekend that didn't happen. Too many late nights and early mornings.

The good news is we're pretty much ready for Christmas. Nearly all our gifts have been  bought and wrapped. The other day Derek said he couldn't believe it was only December 8th, it felt like it should be almost Christmas. I think he felt that way because we really didn't have anything else to do to prepare for Christmas. Usually we are last minute kind of people. But we have been enjoying evenings looking at the pretty Christmas lights around our house. We kind of want to leave them up throughout the winter because they make us happy.

Speaking of things that make us happy, Derek has found a new favorite Christmas song.



I really like it too!

Also, I want to share with you another cool place to buy from for Christmas - Give Jewelry, a company that sells awesome bracelets whose proceeds go towards providing food for children in orphanages in Indonesia. I love the bracelets and there are lots that I would love to have, like these:




I found them on my friend Libby's blog, and right now she is having a give away and you can lots of free bracelets. And I don't even get an extra entry for blogging about her giveaway - I just really like these bracelets and love that by buying one you'll be supporting a good cause.

That's all for today. Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I LOVE that Barlowgirl song! I discovered it last year, and now it's one of my favorites :-)