Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's Already August????

I'm afraid I haven't done a very good job documenting our summer thus far. Honestly, it's hard for me to even remember what I did 2 weekends ago! But I will try to do my best July recap, even though I have a pathetically few amount of pictures to go with. But for the sake of documenting our lives, here a few highlights from July!

July 4th - went to Louisville to our friends Kari and Stephen's house to swim, cookout, spend time with friends and celebrate America.

July 9th - went to Baltimore for work. I love going to new cities, and PB's office is downtown right near the inner harbor. I had a great time exploring downtown Baltimore, and even took some pictures!








July 13th - Connor High School Class of 2002 10 year reunion. Even though this was Derek's 10 year high school reunion, I still had a lot of fun. Luckily I already knew some of his friends from high school, who are all so nice to me and do a great job making me feel included. It was fun to spend time with friends and meet some new people Derek went to high school with.

July 14th - Since we were already in NKY, we went to one of my nephew's soccer games, and then drove up to Westchester, Ohio to have lunch with my best friend from high school, Amy, and her husband. They are expecting their first baby, a sweet little girl, in October. I can't wait! And since we were up in Westchester, we took a little trip to Ikea, where we stocked up on some frames to start a gallery wall in our living room (which I still haven't started).  That evening we went out to dinner with Derek's best friend, Bryan, and his awesome fiance, Fran, at the Senate in Cincinatti. Best hot dog I've ever eaten. We finished the evening with ice cream at Graeters and lots of laughs.

July 21st - Spent the afternoon with sweet friends Lucianne and Jen, swimming at Lu's parents place. Great time to chat and catch up on life.

July 22nd - Frisbee golf at Veteran's park with friends Steve and Carissa from church. I love playing frisbee golf at Veteran's, mostly because you get to hike through the woods, and frisbee's always get thrown into the creek and I am the first to volunteer to get in there and fish them out, especially when it's hot out. Afterwards we got some fro yo to cool us off, and then had a little dinner together. Love community and getting to know new friends.

July 27th - Baby Emmie is born!!! We didn't get to meet her til a few days later, but we were so excited that she made her entrance into the world. It was also our sweet friend Angie's birthday, and her husband threw her a little surprise birthday party. We had a great evening with friends, hanging out and watching the opening ceremonies.

July 28th - Sweet Ashley's wedding day. We went up to Louisville to spend some time with one of my besties, Sarah, before the wedding, and then all headed to a beautiful wedding, where we danced the night away and celebrated sweet friends.  We spent the night at Kari and Stephen's house, and had more quality time with friends we don't get to see nearly enough.




July 29th - Kari made a delicious breakfast, Sarah came over and the 5 of us made a great team and got a new ceiling fan installed for the Corsi's. Then we spent the rest of our time swimming and enjoying the beautiful weather. Our friend Julie, another who we don't get to see nearly enough, stopped by too! We were sad to leave that afternoon, but got to come back to Lexington to a Bible study family cookout. It was a friend-filled weekend!

July 31st - We get to meet sweet little Emmie Collins! The most adorable little asian burrito you've ever seen.  (She's not actually Asian, she just looks like it!) She's so sweet and calm, I could hold her all day!



Whew! Well, that was our month! I still have a fishing trip from June that I want to blog about and then I think I'll be all caught up. I've got to get better at this blogging thing!

1 comment:

domecfam said...

Sounds like a fun month!