Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Fun: A Trip to Columbus & A Wedding

The weekend after we got home from vacation, we packed Moose and the car up and headed north to Columbus to see my family. We hadn't been up there since Christmas, and one of my friends who lived across the street from me growing up, was getting married, so it seemed like the perfect reason to go home. Also, my younger sister, who lives in Colorado came into town that weekend too!

We all arrived Friday night and spent a little time catching up before heading to bed. The wedding was at 2:30 in the afternoon, and the reception wasn't until 5:30,so it kind of took up most of the day. But I was with my family, so I didn't mind.

It was pretty hot that weekend, so before the wedding we took Moose to a little lake near my parents house. There were lots of dogs playing in the lake that day, and Moose was thrilled to have lots of buddies to play with and to be in the water. That dog loves the water. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but I'm pretty sure it was the best day of Moose's life. There is also a 1 mile walking path around the lake, so we went for a walk to dry off. But by the time we made it all the way around the lake, Moose really wanted to go back in the water. So I let him. So much for drying off.

The wedding was Saturday afternoon and evening. It was beautiful. And it was great spending time with our neighbors that we grew up with. The reception was great. It was at a country club. The tables each only seated 6. And when the food came out, it was brought out in serving dishes - Young Life camp style. So we passed around the dishes and served ourselves and ate family style. There was also a cake at each table. I was in heaven. Here is my family at the reception:

Sunday we had family over for brunch, so we got to visit with the aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. We also took another trip to the lake so Moose could swim. Seeing Moose have so much fun brings me lots of joy.

Funny story: we took Moose swimming right before we left on Sunday so we would wear him out and he would sleep on the ride home. When Moose swims, he drinks LOTS of lake water. When we got home we started packing his stuff up. Second to the lake, Moose's favorite thing is car rides. So as soon as we began packing up his stuff, he knew we were getting ready to head home, and he proceeded to freak out and his only focus was on getting into the car. About 30 minutes into the trip, while we are driving down I-71 Moose starts whining. This is not uncommon. Then, I hear something in the back, and look, and it is Moose peeing in the back seat. This has never happened, and then I remembered how much Moose peed on Saturday after the lake and that he didn't go to the bathroom before we left. Luckily we were able to get him to stop, and I told Derek to pull over to the side of the interstate. I get his leash out of the truck and it takes me forever to get it on him, then I let him out and he proceeds to pee for a solid 2 minutes on the side of the interstate. It was comical how long it lasted. I just stood there as cars passed and Moose kept peeing. Derek and I were cracking up. Luckily he made it the rest of the way home with no problems.

So that was our trip to Columbus. Lots of quality family time, a fun wedding, and lots of fun for Moose!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun! We were in Columbus for a wedding a few weeks ago too :-)

And how funny about Moose! pets never fail to make life entertaining!