Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unfortunate Aspects of Work Part 2.

I guess I jumped the gun on my last post, because I didn't realize that today another unfortunate thing would happen. Today at work, I had to go to webinar on methods of determining when roadway signs need to be replaced based on their retro-reflectivity. I know, you all are wishing you had my job right now.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of adding the word retro-reflectivity to your vocabulary, let me explain. You know how at night when your headlights hit a sign and it becomes brighter so you can actually see what the sign says? That's called retro-reflectivity. And the MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices - the book that regulates all roadway signs - yes I have one of those too, it lives a few shelves up from my safety vest along with some other exciting reads {see below}) has just established minimum standards for retro-reflectivity of signs. So today, I got to sit through an hour (it was actually 2 but my boss and I left halfway through it - thank goodness for lots of work to be done back at the office) of different methods to determine if your signs need to be replaced.


Seriously. The only redeeming thing about this hour was that I got free Jimmy Johns. Now I promise no more posts about work for a good long while, so you all will continue to read my blog.

No comments: