Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday everyone! So I've been a bit of a blog failure here recently. I've thought about blogging but just haven't really been sure what to blog about, so I haven't done it. It's not that nothing has been going on, lots has been going on, I just haven't felt the need to blog about it. So here is what I have been up to:

Young Life is starting back up. We have spent lots of time with our team of leaders trying to get the semester planned out, and we had our first campaigners and club of the year. Last Wednesday we had an all evening team meeting to plan club for the semester, then again on Friday to finish planning. On Saturday Keith and I spent the better part of the day making "Will it Float?" Videos. Have you all ever seen the "Will it Float?" bit on the Letterman show? Well we decided we would do will it float every week at club, so Keith and I filmed a whole semester's worth of will it floats. On Sunday we had our first campaigners of the year, which was so fun to get everyone back together, and then on Tuesday we had our first club of the year, pirate club. Below is a picture of Derek and I with Annie - the only LCA-er to dress up. We would have thought there would be a lot more participation in pirate club, but apparently its difficult to find pirate attire.





I have been making some progress on my list of places in the house to organize. I still need to take after pictures, hopefully I will do that this weekend and be able to show what has been organized and the before and afters.

I have also been doing a pretty good job of running. Training for the half marathon doesn't start til the middle to end of February, but I have been trying to run 3 times a week, so that I am in the habit and know that I can make time for it, and so I don't get injured when I start training. So, so far, I have been successful. And I can run a whole lot longer now than I could when I first started.

As far as the rest of the new years resolutions, I have been doing a decent job of getting to work on time and devoting 10 minutes of each day to prayer. It's not quite time to start studying for the PE - that is something I don't have to worry about til summer. I still need to try a new recipe this month and I am running out of time, but I think I have an idea of something I want to try next week. Derek and I are talking about where we want to go on vacation, but there are so many places we want to go we don't really know where to start. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. I also need to plan my personal retreat for the semester but I have time for that. Paying off student loans is not starting out so well thanks to a couple of vet visits, and cavities, but we'll rally. Also, I haven't even begun to scrapbook. So the list has some successes and some not so much. (I think I am doing a better job of being intentional in relationships but that is a hard thing to deem a success or failure so I won't classify it as either, but just keep it in mind.)

So, speaking of expensive vet visits - all of the pets went to the vet a couple of weeks ago. And Topanga and Moose need to go on diets. Topanga is real overweight. She used to look like this:



And now she is whopping 17 pounds! So she has a lot of weight to lose. Moose isn't super overweight, but just needs to shed his holiday weight. So the pets are on diets. Poor Mr. Feeny just has to eat less so that Topanga doesn't eat too much.

So that's pretty much the news around here. I realize this post is getting kind of long, but before I go, I would like to give a shout out to these lounge pants from the Gap.



Have mercy these are some of the most wonderful pants my legs have experienced.  And they are plenty long enough, which is key when you are nearly 5'10" like me. They are super soft and I think they make my hiney look cute, which is always good when you are lounging around with your husband.  They are a little pricey at $35, and I was unable to find them on sale. They are the one thing I paid full price for when I bought all that stuff with my left over money from exchanging the Banana Republic dress, but they are worth every penny of the $35 so I highly recommend you get yourself a pair. I am wearing them right now :)

Ok that's all I have. I knew if I started writing things would just come to me. Hopefully I'll have some before and afters of home organization for you this weekend. :)