Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Crazy Week...

Man, work is in full force right now, making my weeks very busy! I try not to talk about my job too much on here, I think it's in your best interest, but I couldn't help but share that tomorrow I will be out counting traffic! That's right, on occasion my job will have me out on the side of the road counting cars for hours. It's not glamorous, but at least I get to be outside, and tomorrow it should be sunny and in the mid 80's so I'm actually looking forward to it. The only bad thing about traffic counting is that it is usually a bit of a drive to get there and I have to start at 7 am, meaning I'll probably have to wake up around 5:45 tomorrow. Not fun. Also, it doesn't end til 6 in the evening, so I won't get home til late either. (Don't worry, I don't count traffic all day, just 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening.) And, tomorrow we are playing bigger and better for young life, which starts at 6:45. So basically that;s my entire day. I just hope I have time to eat dinner.

*For those of you who don't know about bigger and better, basically we send kids out in groups of 4 or so with a quarter and they go to houses and trade it for something bigger or better. Then they take the next thing and try to get something bigger and better than that, and it continues. Whoever returns with the biggest and best thing wins. It's lots of fun!*

Thursday is looking to be a busy day as well with work all day, then a going away dinner for my friend Ashley who is moving to Louisville, then Bible Study. Then work Friday. So it's only Tuesday, but I feel like I'm going to blink and it will be Friday. All this to say, the blog may get a bit neglected this week. But maybe not, I may surprise you.

And I know you are wondering if I will get to wear my safety vest while I'm counting traffic. And while I am probably supposed to, I feel like it just makes me a more obvious target on the side of the road, so I probably won't. Sorry to disappoint friends :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

"VEST!" "VEST!" I will drive to where you are, roll down my window, keep passing you so you have to count me over and over as I chant "VEST!" "VEST!"

Holly said...

haha that first comment is halirious. Please wear your vest Anne, and then take pictures :)

carissa said...

you have such a good attitude about counting traffic... i'd be so bad at it... i'd lose count all the time!!! the bigger and better game sounds like a perfect time for the youth! how fun!

Kristin said...

Sounds like a super busy day! That biggerandbetter sounds like a blast! How did it go?

chloƫ. said...

wow, what a job! i too, would lose count too easily.

and congrats on the 1/2 marathon! what an exciting accomplishment.

love your blog :)