Monday, November 22, 2010

Miscellany Monday

It's Monday! It's a 3-day work week! Happy day! Here's what's going on round here:

1. I spent the weekend in Indiana at weekend camp with some LCA peeps and other YL friends. We had a super fun weekend of hanging out and fellowship. I didn't get nearly enough sleep but we had a great time.

2. Also on a young life note, tonight we are having our annual Thanksgiving potluck dinner. We started this tradition last year and it was one of my favorite things we do. One of the girls' mom makes us a turkey and everyone brings their favorite side dish or desert and we have a big ol' Thanksgiving dinner together. We love it, the students love it, and it makes us all feel like family. I can't wait. I'm making sweet potato casserole again. Here are some pics from last year's dinner. We're having it at the same place this year!

3. Naps. I have such a love-hate relationship with them. They feel so wonderful when you are taking them, but afterward I feel groggy and out of it for the rest of the day. I can't decide if it's worth it to nap or if I should just wait and get all my sleep at night.

4. Harry Potter! We are going to go see the new Harry Potter movie over Thanksgiving when we go up to Norther Kentucky for Thanksgiving. I LOVE Harry Potter. The books are so good. If you haven't read them I seriously recommend you do. The movies are good, but the books are so much better.

5. Speaking of the book being better than the movie, Have you read Confessions of a Shopaholic? Those books are seriously hilarious. I remember when I first read them thinking they should make a movie out of them, but they changed so many things and it's just not nearly as good as book.

I think that's all for today. I hope everyone enjoys Thanksgiving week! Hopefully you get a day or 2 off work or get to enjoy spending time with someone who does!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

No comments: