Monday, April 18, 2011

Meeting Callie

Last Tuesday Derek and I headed out west to go skiing and visit my sister. A few months ago I happened to mention this to one of my favorite bloggers, Callie of Through Clouded Glass, when we were e-mailing back and forth. She said that she lived in the general vicinity we were heading and suggested that we meet up when we headed out there. I loved the idea and was definitely in!

Originally we were going to go out there in February, however some conflicts came up with Derek's job and I was so bummed that we might not make it out there. We worked it out that we could go in April, which worked out wonderfully well, because Callie's baby boy Wyatt came early and if we had gone when we originally planned we probably wouldn't have been able to meet up. And bonus - we got to meet Wyatt too! So Tuesday night my mom picked Derek and I up from the airport and we got to meet Callie, her husband Derek and their adorable 2 month old baby!

I was so excited - this was my first time meeting a friend I had meet through blogging. And I would say it was a success. We found them without too much trouble and then we all had dinner together. Callie is super sweet, just like I knew she would be, and Wyatt was even cuter in person than he is in pictures. It was also so fun to get to meet (her) Derek, and get to know him. You get to know people through their blogs and I have read a lot about Derek but you don't really get to see their personality because they aren't the ones writing, so it was fun to get to know him better. And I think the 2 Derek's got along great, which is good because he is looking forward to meeting up again next time we're out there.  My camera wasn't cooperating so I didn't get great pictures (Callie has better ones here and you can read what she had to say about our meet up!) but here is the best one I got of Me, Callie and Wyatt. (I brought my point and shoot and it was set to the wrong mode, so sorry for the blurriness and the fact that my jeans were tucked into one of my shoes - I was a mess and am blaming it on just having gotten off a plane!)


Callie - I am so glad we were able to meet outside of our blogs. You and your family are so sweet and we had a great time hanging out and getting to know you guys better. I can't wait til we can do it again!

1 comment:

Callie said...

We had such a fun time meeting up with you guys too, Anne! I'm so glad we could do it, and I can't wait until you guys come out again! :-)