Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ski Trip Recap

I can't believe I am just now getting to posting about our ski trip. But we had a great time. We headed up to the mountains Tuesday evening and woke up to ski Wednesday morning.

The conditions weren't bad for it being the first week in April. The weather was nice and warm, although the snow did get a little slushy in the afternoons. This was Derek's third trip out to Colorado and his skiing has improved immensely since the first time he was out there. We got him on the black diamonds and took him on some really fun runs with some great views. I think he really like it - which is good for me because I really liked it! Here are some of my favorite skiing photos:

My dad, Derek and my sister, Julie, all following my mom down the hill.

Me, Jules, mom and dad

Me and D!

10 Mile Station

The T-Bar


View from the top

They made it up the T-Bar successfully - it was Derek's first time!

The very very top

The other side of the mountain

Dad skiing down from the top

Snow cats

Other highlights from the trip that were non skiing related were getting to hang out with Julie and her boyfriend Jeff and my parents. Wednesday we went out for sushi:


We ordered so much it came on a boat!


And we managed to eat it all...

what we started out with....

...and how it ended. So tasty.

I loved spending time with my parents and especially Julie and Jeff. We don't get to see them nearly enough. In fact, we exchanged our Christmas presents while we were there because I'm pretty sure the last time we saw them was last summer. Here are the four of us:


So that was our Colorado trip in pictures. It was such a fun trip, and I wish we had more vacation time so we could do it more than once a year.

1 comment:

Lucianna said...

anne. my heart started beating hard when i saw those mountains. i miss boarding and it's only april. oh no. but your pictures are fantastic.