Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Couple Things

It was a quick weekend, but a couple of fun things happened that I wanted to record:

1. We had our last soccer game of the season. Derek and I had so much fun coaching these girls. They are all kinds of hilarious. And super cute too. I have no pictures, and honestly I would feel a little sketch posting pictures of other people's kids here, but I'm pretty sure we had the cutest team. The good thing about the soccer league is that we will have the same team in the spring, so we will get to coach them all again. I'm also amazed at how much they learned and progressed throughout the season, so I think it will be fun to get to continue in the spring where we left off. I'm going to miss them over the winter though!

2. My parents made a quick trip down to Lexington to see our little team play soccer. They coached me when I was that age, and I'm sure have fond memories of it :) So they came to our game on Saturday morning, and then my mom and I did lots of shopping Saturday afternoon. I got some new clothes and some awesome boots! I'm pretty excited about them!


3.The weather this weekend was amazing. On Sunday afternoon I took Moose for a super long walk and enjoyed the perfect fall temperatures. I have a feeling we aren't going to get too many more days like that, so I'm trying to enjoy them as much as I can.

4. We had our church small group on Sunday afternoon. This is something I always look forward to. I love our group, they are lots of fun and pretty hilarious. We get together and meet for lunch and then discuss whatever we are studying. This year we're going to go through Proverbs, which I'm pretty excited about because I haven't ever really studied Proverbs before. We looked at the beginning of Proverbs 1 this week, and I loved verse 7. 

7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, 
   but fools[a] despise wisdom and instruction.

Such truth in that statement. I think I fear far too many things before I fear the Lord. Yet, of all the things I fear, none of them comes close to having the power that the Lord does. 

So that was our weekend. It was a nice weekend at home and was so fun to see my parents.

Also - don't forget to enter the My Memories Scrapbooking Software Giveaway! So far, there are ZERO entries, so your chances are pretty good :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We have our church small group on Sundays too, and we are loving it! so important to get connected with other people. And Proverbs is one of my favorite books of the Bible, so I bet you will love studying it