Friday, June 22, 2012

It's About *Darn* Time!

I am sure that many of you who read this blog have spent the past couple of months watching the NBA playoffs and the past week watching the NBA Finals series. And I'm sure everyone stayed up late past their bed times last night to watch LeBron James and the Heat put an end to the championship series in Game 5 at Miami, so LeBron could get his much anticipated first NBA Championship.

No? You didn't stay up for it? Me either. I'm thankful that there weren't any seats available in my family room so I was able to get to bed at a reasonable hour, and have Derek let me know the outcome when he came to bed at 2 a.m.

Even though I wimped out and didn't stay up for the whole game, I still would like to congratulate the Miami Heat and my dear husband, on their championship.


Derek has been a faithful fan and follower of LeBron James since he entered the league 9 (I think?) years ago. We have been to 2 Cavs games and 1 Heat game, and I even told Derek on Sunday that if he could get his friend Will, who is a pilot, to go with him to Miami and get them free airfare, I would put up the $300+ for a ticket to last nights game. Unfortunately for Derek, but fortunate for our checkbook, Will couldn't get off work, but Derek still reveled in the glory of last nights victory at our house, and has been sporting his number 6, LeBron James t-shirt today.  

In fact, Derek is to thank for this post. About an hour ago he asked why I hadn't blogged in a while and I told him it was because I needed his help recapping our vacation. He then interrupted and told me that I needed to do a post about Miami's championship. I asked if he wanted to guest post, and he said no, so here it is, my tribute to the Miami Heat. I'm thrilled they pulled it out and that I didn't have to watch 2 more games. Go Heat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best post Ever!!! :)

Thanks for posting this Annie!

I like your other blog posts and pictures too. I forgot how truly awesome the Hogwarts Garden Picture in Charleston was!

Love you!

D