Friday, August 28, 2009

Celebrate!

At my office, my co-workers never ceased to be amazed at the shear volume of weddings that Derek and I attend. And truthfully, every year I think that I won't have that many to go to, and every year more and more friends keep getting engaged. This weekend however, has brought the ridiculousness to a whole new level. It all started Thursday night with my friend Carly's bachelorette party. On a side note, I meant to bring my camera, but left it at home, however, since it was at home, Derek took this opportunity to photograph what was happening at our house while I was gone:


Apparently it was the best nerf gun war ever. I love it! My house was transformed, but completely put back together by the time I got home. I love that these guys come over to our house and do crazy things like this every week, but even more than that, I love that these guys are excited about reading the Bible together and learning what God has for them. I have to confess that in my weak faith I doubted that they would want to do more than just hang out and have fun, especially given that they go to a Christian school and have a class called "Bible" where the Bible is their text book, but God in his grace has given these 16 and 17 year old guys the desire to read his Word and grow closer to Him. How awesome is God? So good and so much bigger than I could ever know.

I say all this not to say look at what we have done (or what Derek has done) but to say look at what God has done! We have only had the privelage of witnessing it and experiencing God's grace in allowing us to be a part of it. Ok, so that was a big tangent, but its my blog and I can write what I want :) And it's called Where Your Treasure Is and this is definitely something I treasure. I think they are coming over again tonight. It is amazing to me that they would want to spend their Friday night at our house hanging out with a guy who is almost 10 years older than them - but again God is good and so much bigger than us. But I digress again...

Back to celebrations. So Thursday was a bachelorette party. Saturday during the day we have a baby shower for Arlen, who I work with. Saturday night is Carly and Ryan's wedding. Sunday is a wedding shower for my friend Karen, who is our friend Brent's fiance. So that's four, count them, four, celebrations in one weekend. Ridiculous. But I love it. I feel so blessed to have wonderful friends that we get to celebrate weddings and babies with. And my friend Jade is due to have her baby any day now, so maybe that will happen this weekend and we can add one more celebration to the craziness!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I'm going to enjoy my one free evening of the weekend by hopefully going to see Julie and Julia with my precious friend Kaelyn (as long as she gets her homework done:)

1 comment:

jenna said...

i like this a lot :) i love that that is what was happening at your house! God is awesome :)