Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Last Laugh

So I'm sure that many of you who read this blog also follow my dear friend Kari's blog. (I thought I would include a sexy picture of us as well because we both look so good here.)


Well, last Friday, Kari thought it would be funny to use her blog to imply that I was pregnant. Before I had read this blog entry that stated to the world that I was pregnant, I get a little text message from my good friend Carli.  It goes a little something like this: "Anne, are you pregnant?!?!?!?" I respond that while I can't be sure, I am not to my knowledge pregnant, and wanted to know why she thought I might be. Well she directs me to this post and says once I read it I will understand. So I read it and now I do understand. Kari has decided to falsely inform the world that I am pregnant.  And, honestly, it was hard for me not to laugh out loud because Kari is really funny and she always does stuff like this and I appreciate a good joke. I appreciate a good joke so much that the wheels in my head are beginning to spin and I'm beginning to get an idea for a little joke of my own. So I send Derek the link to the post and tell him to read it and let me know when he does. Derek agrees that it is funny, so I proceed to ask him if he would like to play a little joke back on Kari. (Actually I would be playing the joke, I really just wanted his input on it.) Derek is also one for loving to play a joke on someone (in her maid of honor speech my sister gave this as #1 reason why we were meant to be - we both love to trick people) so he agreed. I will save you the details of our scheming, but here is basically what went down:

5:10 pm - I have just left work and am headed for leadership. While sitting in my favorite friday afternoon traffic on new circle road because someone thought it was a good idea to have leadership at a location where there is no easy way to get there that doesn't involve sitting in a parking lot for at least 20 minutes, I text Kari this: "Kari, I read your blog post, we need to talk. Call me when you get a chance."

5:13 pm - Progress on new circle road, approximately 5 ft 8 inches. Receive this text from Kari: "Wait, you aren't really pregnant are you?"

5:14 pm - No progress on new circle road. Text back: "Just call me when you get a chance."

5:15 pm - Progress on new circle road, approximately 12 feet. Receive following text from Kari: "Shuuuut up! ANNE! I was (obviously) totally ragging on you guys for fun, I never in a million years thought you were really going to be pregnant" 

5:16 pm - Progress on new circle road, decent now that I finally got through one stinkin traffic light. Back to parking lot status. Receive another text from Kari and am so glad that we are doing this over text because its all i can do not to text her and tell her I'm kidding. If this were over the phone or in person it would have never gotten this far. Text reads: "I was going to call you guys tonight (we're driving home to Lous) so you'll hear from me at around 9, is that okay?"

5:17 pm - Still on new circle road, inching along. I can't take it anymore. I know Kari is so excited and I can't let her keep thinking I am pregnant so I send the following text: "Jk I'm not really pregnant, just wanted to talk to you :)"

5:18 - Getting to the point where traffic actually starts to move a little bit and making progress, receive this text: "Aaaaannnnnneeeee! You evil girl! I'm gonna call....does 9 work?"

Success! Got the reaction I wanted, and got through the Liberty Road traffic light which means I'm done sitting in the new circle road parking lot. Our evil plan worked, we totally faked out Kari and got to talk to her later Friday night. The only downside is that I ended up being very sick on Friday and wasn't able to talk. I was huddled up in a ball of stomach pain and illness on the couch while Derek got to talk to her. Karma. That'll teach me to play evil tricks on my friends.

Actually it probably won't. I love playing tricks on people and this made me realize that I haven't done that in a while. I need to get back in the game. I forgot how fun it is.

5 comments:

Kari said...

If there were a "like" button, I'd be hitting it :)

Jade Cook said...

Nice work Anne! I did read Kari's blog and hoped it was true! Oh well - in due time!! =)

ashley said...

haha i love this..i read Kari's post and for a minute i actually thought it might be true but then realized that it couldn't be because i figured you would have said something at bible study!

Unknown said...

I really was thinking that you announced it at Bible study and I missed it and I felt upset. and now I'm just upset cause I want you to be prego anne! :( you have no idea how excited I will be when you are! :)

Unknown said...

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Okay, confession. I read Kari's blog first. And then came to yours to see if I missed something. Good thing I didn't miss any fun and exciting news! But one day you will be and I hope I don't read Kari's blog to figure that out...