Wednesday, June 30, 2010


Oh goodness, I feel like I was gone a very long time. And since I have been home I have hardly had time to catch my breath. We got home at 2:30 on Sunday afternoon after a long 18 hour bus ride, and I immediately got to unpacking, running errands and trying to make a video slideshow of pictures for camp for our after camp party that was last night. Because I work 9 hours a day and have various other things going on, this kept me up til late hours on Sunday and Monday nights, which has left me with a new cold, exhausted and just trying to keep my head above water.

In addition, I got my PE application sent out yesterday (the application was basically a 6 page resume I had to write to convince the board that I have enough experience to take the 8-hour test over everything civil engineering so I can become a licensed engineer) and have been crazy busy at work trying to make a July 1st deadline.

Also, my sister and her boyfriend are in Columbus for the week and they head out Saturday evening. I am supposed to work on Friday, but I would rather head up to Columbus to have more time to visit them - so I am also putting in extra hours at work so we can leave earlier to go up and see them. Which also means trying to get laundry and things around the house done before we leave again. They live in Colorado and we don't get to see them often so the extra effort to get more time with them is totally worth it.

I say all this not to complain or to try to make anyone think that I am busy or important, but more so to explain why I haven't updated the blog til now, even though I have been home since Sunday, and to explain why I don't quite have it in me to write about camp yet. Young life camp was wonderful and difficult all at the same time. I still haven't had the opportunity to totally process it all yet, or put down in words what I want to share from it. But that post is coming, just as soon as things settle down a bit.

Also, thanks to Chloe and Kari for guest posting while I was gone! It was lots of fun to come back and see what you all had to say. You should definitely check out their blogs if you haven't already.

Ok, I think that's all I got for now. Happy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

Callie Nicole said...

Oh my an 18 hour bus ride! Sounds like things have been crazy for you. I hope you feel better soon!