Tuesday, June 15, 2010

*sigh*

Goodness, I am not really sure to begin. Life is crazy this week and yesterday I was ready to quit it all. Thank goodness for a good night's sleep and a husband who reminds me that I don't have to do it all on my own. I feel better today and ready to tackle the week. And it's going to be a crazy one. Here's what is going on in my life right now:

1. Young Life Camp - NEXT WEEK! I'm not going to go into all that is entailed in preparing for a week at camp. If you've been as a leader you already know. If not, just know that there is a lot that you have to get ready before you leave, in addition to just knowing that you are about to experience one of the most physically, spiritually and emotionally draining weeks of your life. Couple that with an 18 hour bus ride there and back, and a full time job that has its own demands right up til you leave and as soon as you get back, and it can be a little overwhelming. Which brings me to...

2. Work. More specifically, the PE. The PE is an 8 hour test over all things civil engineering, which, when passed, licenses you as a professional engineer in your state. It is offered twice a year, once in October and once in April, and  you must have 4 years of experience to take it. October will be my first shot at it. An the application is due July 1st. And I will be at camp next week. Which means I need to get it done this week. And I haven't started. And I have heard that it takes quite a while to complete. Awesome.

3. State baseball tournament. LCA made it to the state baseball tournament and are favored to win it all. Their first game is tonight. And if they win, they play Thursday. And if they win that game they play Friday. And if they win that game they play Saturday in the state championship game. This is awesome because some of the guys that Derek is very close to are on the team. Two of them will be starting pitchers in 3 of the 4 games. We are so excited to go watch them and cheer them on. But couple that with work, needing to get my PE application done, and having lots to do to get ready for camp, and you have one busy week.

Now I'm not complaining at all, so please don't hear that. I'm just a little stressed out. There's more stressful details to each of these things that I won't go into. But I guess I just needed to vent a little, because sometimes writing it all out makes it seem manageable, and to explain why I haven't been great at updating the blog and probably won't be until we get back from camp. But prayers for camp and everything going on are appreciated.

On a happy note, my friend Sarah is living with us for a couple weeks! This is so much fun. She is wonderful and listens to me when I feel stressed out and provides great encouragement. Also, I told her how I broke my camera and am going to have to get a new one and guess what! She has an extra one! And she is letting me have it! So buying a new camera is one less thing I have to do this week, and I'm sure hers is nicer than the one I would have bought anyways. So thankful for her. (Also, since she is living in our house she is taking care of our pets for us while we are gone which is also one less thing we need to worry about.)

So I think that's it for now. And I should be able to start posting pictures again soon. Thank you all for continuing to read even when I have nothing visually interesting to share :)

5 comments:

Lucianna said...

Thanks for sharing that you have weeks like this too. Husbands are the best. Sarahs are the best too.

chloƫ. said...

Wow you sound like one busy girl! And I was just praying for your camp kids this morning...excited to hear about what God does on this trip...aaaand I'm replying to your email RIGHT NOW :D

Kristin said...

WHEW girl! K, go get a nice tall glass of iced tea, and go sit by your hydrangea bush for about 15 minutes. Then everything will seem a little brighter :-) Keeping you in my thoughts this week. You'll make it through to the other end, I promise! Hope your Tuesday is going well so far...

Cole Franke said...

I am doing the Beth Moore Daniel study. I'm in week 5. It's seriously eye opening and life changing. Hope you are being blessed by it. :)

Anonymous said...

sarah gave me her old hair straightener when we lived together! she's the best! i hope you get some good sleep during your busy week!