Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ready for Valentine's Day

I don't know what got into me this year. I've never decorated for Valentine's Day before. I'm not a big seasonal decorator, Christmas is really the only holiday I decorate for. But for some reason I got motivated to do a little V-Day decorating this year. And by a little, I just mean the mantle over our fireplace in the family room. But since that is where we spend most of our time, especially since we've both been sick, the decorations have made me happy. Here's the end result:


In my efforts to not spend money I did it on the cheap. I used the flowers Derek got me, a yummy smelling candle that was a Christmas gift from Frankie, my Bible study leader, and I cut out a bunch of hearts from some scrapbooking paper I had and strung them up on the mantle. I bought the little pink hearts that are in the vases at the dollar store and the vases we already had, they came from Ikea and were super cheap.


I know, they're kind of tacky, but they were $1 and I was having fun playing with my camera :)

The little votive holder was $2.50, bringing the grand total that I paid for my decorations for $3.50 (if you don't include however much Derek spent on the flowers!)


So there's my cheap-o Valentine's decorations. The pink and red has really brightened up my mood. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I love your decorations! So festive! And great that you didn't even have to spend much!