Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! Today is my friday off, which means a 4 day weekend for me. Holla! I'm hoping to spend some time studying today and then we are heading up to Northern Kentucky for the weekend to spend some time with Derek's family.

It's been a while since I have seen my nephews, and I haven't seen Kayla since the middle of July, and she was just beginning to look pregnant. I'm excited to see her baby bump :)


 In other news last night we had dinner with our friend Nate. Nate graduated from LCA last year and over the summer his family moved to Atlanta. For the last 3 years it was not uncommon to find Nate at our house, so his absence over the last half of the summer has been weird.


Nate is the one in the green shirt


Nate is going to Indiana Wesleyan for College, so last night him and his mom drove through Lexington on their way up to Indiana and we got to have dinner with them. So many things I could say about Nate. He is one of the most faithful people and I don't think that young life at LCA would be what it is without him. We already miss him lots, but know that he will do great things in college and life. It was great getting to see him last night.

Well, I think I'll wrap it up here. Hope everyone enjoys their labor day weekend. Yay for 3 (or in my case 4) day weekends!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I didn't know that his family moved to Atlanta?! Was this a last minute move???