Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decoration Time

Oh my gosh! I can't believe in my last post I forgot to mention one of the best highlights of the weekend in Columbus - putting up my parent's Christmas tree! This is one of my favorite things to do and now that I live in Lexington I am not there every year to help, so anytime I get the chance I am so excited. We always watch the movie White Christmas when we are putting up the tree. (Derek doesn't like that movie, so we don't watch it while we are putting up our tree, we listen to Christmas music instead.) One of my best friends from back home, Ann, usually comes over and helps us decorate too (she is like our third sister), so she was there to join in on the fun. The tree looked great. I wish I had pictures but my camera was out of batteries this weekend and I left the charger in Lexington.

Tonight, Derek and I are going to put up our Christmas tree! I am so excited. So much Christmas decorating in a few short days, it is wonderful. We put up an artificial tree every year because we are gone for most of the holidays visiting family, we figured it was silly to buy a real one. Derek really likes real trees and maybe one day when we have kids we will do the real thing, but for now the artificial tree works, and its a really nice tree that we got from an LCA family.

Decorating the tree is my favorite part. We don't have a lot of decorations other than the tree, a nativity scene, some candles and a few decorations that people have given us over the years. My grandma gave us some pieces to a Christmas village a couple years ago and last year Derek set is up on the top shelf of our china cabinet. Actually, last year, I was sick when we were decorating, so I helped with the tree and Derek decorated the rest of the house. He did a good job with what we have, and he even took pictures. I will make sure to take some pictures after we are done tonight.

This is how big I wish our Christmas tree could be:


Oh yeah, we also don't put lights up outside our house - not because we don't want to but because our house doesn't have an outlet outside in the front, so there is nowhere to plug them in. Isn't that wierd?

No comments: