Saturday, January 22, 2011

Learning the new camera

So I mentioned that I got a new fancy pants camera for Christmas. Well one reason that I wanted said fancy pants camera is because I wanted to be able to push the button and picture to take. Not push the button, wait while the camera does whatever it does and then have the picture take a second or 2 later. By then I usually missed the shot I wanted, especially if it was a picture of one of my nephews or of my pup. I can't tell you how many pictures I have had to delete because who/whatever I was taking the picture of moved and was no longer doing what I wanted to take a picture of, was looking away or was out of the shot all together.

Since we have had a lot of snow, I thought I would take my pup outside and mess with some of the different settings and see what happened. And I got some fun pictures that I have never been able to get before - Moose running. And they are in focus (mostly) and he is in the picture! Such a happy day. Here is what I'm talking about:


This last one is my fave. I know these aren't quite as sharp as one taken when he isn't moving:


But when you consider that he was coming at me full speed, I am pretty pleased that I was able to get some motion shots that are so clear. Yay for fast shutter speeds!

For this post I am linking up with Farm Girl Paints for her thrive project. She is taking photography classes and sharing what she is learning and then having a link up where you can practice those skills and show what you got. So these are my pics with a fast shutter speed. I'm loving learning all that this camera is capable of!


3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh Anne he's so cute. You really captured him frozen. Good for you! Thanks so much for participating. It should be lots of fun!

Callie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Callie said...

Great pictures, Anne! Your dog is so cute.