Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Happy Thanksgiving week friends! It's a busy week for us since we spent the weekend with Derek's family in Northern Kentucky and have a short week of work to be followed by a trip to Columbus for Thanksgiving. So I thought I would stop by the blog to make a quick list of fun things that have already happened or are going to happen so I don't forget.

1. We spent this past weekend celebrating Derek's dad's 60th birthday. Of course I was a slacker and took no pictures. It was still a full and fun weekend that included visiting with Derek's parents, brothers and their wives and kids, playing silly games with Henry, snuggling Connor, getting to lay eyes on Oliver (he may have started to cry any time I got close to him and acted like I was going to pick him up), going to Rob's art show and watching him and one of his band-mates do an acoustic set at the art show, giving gifts, watching movies, visiting with Brian and Fran, eating delicious food and not having a whole lot to worry about.

2. Our church small group met Sunday for a dinner that consisted of delicious soups, salads and bread, and some great fellowship and discussing Proverbs.

3. Sunday night we celebrated our roommate Keith's birhtday with cupcakes and singing.

4. Sunday night was also spent decorating for Christmas. Our house is all ready for the holidays. Since we're usually gone during Thanksgiving and Christmas we like to decorate early so we have time to enjoy the decorations. We put our tree in a new spot in the living room this year. We've had it in several different spots over the years and I'm not sure which I like best, but I really like how it turned out this year. We skipped putting up some decorations this year, but I'm ok with that. I think the house looks just the right amount of festive. Hopefully I will take pictures and share them some time before Christmas.

5. Our LCA friends, who are no longer LCA-ers but now college kids are starting to trickle back into town from being away at school. We got to see some of them Sunday night, and on Wednesday night we are having a reunion dinner. I can't wait to see everyone - we have missed them lots!

6. I can't wait to spend the weekend with my family. I'm so thankful for them. And my mom makes delicious Thanksgiving dinner that I can't wait to eat. And maybe we'll do some shopping this weekend. Columbus has way better shopping than Lexington.

7. Another Christmas gift idea for a good cause starts on Friday. Lots of crafters and Etsy shop owners have donated items to the Water for Christmas Etsy shop. (The store doesn't open til Friday, so if you click on the link before then there won't be anything there, but check back on Friday.) When you buy anything from this shop, the proceeds go towards clean water projects around the world. It's amazing how many people still do not have access to clean water. What a great opportunity to buy a unique, handmade Christmas gift for someone, and to be able to help provide clean water for those who need it.

Well, that's all I got! Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll try to be back with a post that includes pictures soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and that we all take some time to reflect on all the blessings we have to be thankful for.

No comments: