Thought I would take a minute this Monday morning for a little update and some miscellany.
1. I love sunshine. It's amazing how a nice day of sun and above freezing temperatures can make me feel like a new person and like all is right in the world.
2. I'm reading Donald Miller's book Searching for God Knows What. I LOVE Donald Miller. He is probably the exact opposite of me, the way our brains work, but I still love his books and I feel like God teaches me a lot through them. This is probably due to the whole his brain working different from mine. He talks about how God is not a God of formulas and rules. I like formulas and rules because I can understand and control them. And often times I try to take what I am reading in scripture and make a formula or if-then statement out of it. Donald talks about trying to listen to what God wants to say to you when reading scripture. So simple, I know. And I feel like an idiot that this is an epiphany for me. But I am always trying to fit scripture into some formula or something that makes sense to me, rather than just asking God what he wants to say to me. So I'm going to try that approach. I'm pretty excited about it!
3. Did you know that they are coming out with a new Oregon Trail game? Did anyone else love playing Oregon Trail in elementary school? Unfortunately it is going to be a facebook game and I don't really like facebook and I especially don't like facebook games. This is probably a good thing because the last thing I need to be doing is spending time playing computer games.
4. Sometimes I check to see what kind of jobs are available in my company's Honolulu office. Today was one of those times.
5. Sweet Callie at Through Clouded Glass gave me a lovely little blog award. You're supposed to list 7-10 things about yourself and then give the award to 5-7 other bloggers. So here are my 7-10 things:
a. I LOVE to ski and have been going to Colorado to ski just about every year since 7th grade.
b. I'm not great at decorating. Derek has decorated much of our house. I like looking at pretty rooms and houses and wish my house was better decorated, but I hate spending money on decorations, so I go with the less is more philosophy and don't do anything.
c. I used to have an obsession with Robert Smith, running back for Ohio State and then the Minnesota Vikings. I became a Minnesota Vikings fan in 6th grade when he went there to play football. I was a huge Vikings fan until he retired and then I stopped following them. I tried to do school projects and reports on the Vikings. Recently Derek found my confirmation workbook from 7th grade. One question asked who you wanted to be like. I wrote the Saints (like the holy historical people, not the football team) and Robert Smith. I was such a strange kid (and by kid I mean teenager, when it's no longer cute to be strange.)
d. I have a huge irrational fear of throwing up and being around anyone who is throwing up. This makes me concerned for pregnancy and motherhood.
e. I don't like trying to come up with things to say about myself because I feel like there is a lot of pressure to make yourself seem interesting and not put the obvious boring stuff down.
f. If I could have one thing, guilt free and money was not a factor, I would have a boat. I love being out on the water in the sunshine.
g. I hate carbonation. For that reason I do not, nor have I ever drank any sort of soda product. It is a painful and unpleasant experience for me.
Whew! I made it through the hard part. Now the fun part of passing this along. This one goes out to:
Kristin at Windy Poplars
Chloe at Tryin to Throw my Arms Around the World
Carissa at lowercase letters (the lovely host of miscellany monday)
Amber at the Survival Guide for the Young, Fabulous and Newlywed
Molly at Stilletos and Diapers
Happy Monday friends!
Scenes of Spring
4 days ago