Friday, October 2, 2009

Florida!!!

I'm in Florida!!!! One of Derek's best friends Brent is getting married here tomorrow!!! So naturally we took a few days off of work and came down early to hang out with him and enjoy sunny Florida. This is also why I have been absent from blogging for a while. (I forgot the cord to transfer pictures from my camera to the computer so I don't have any photos, but I will post some when I return. The one below is stolen from flickr here.)

Derek and I arrived here Tuesday and mostly helped Brent run some wedding errands and hung out at the pool a little bit. Wednesday we went to Cocoa Beach and enjoyed the sun, sand and waves, and Derek's friends from high school Wes and Jeff (and Jeff's wife Stephanie) got in late Wednesday evening. We all headed to the Universal Studios theme parks yesterday and rode lots of roller coasters, and today we are heading to the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes (which is where the wedding is) to hang out and relax for the day. They have a lazy river which I am super pumped about - so once everyone is packed up and ready to go we will be heading over there and hopefully I will be on an inner tube enjoying the lazy river for much of the afternoon! Then, let the wedding festivities begin! I'm so excited! I will post fun pictures when I get back and of course wedding details. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!!!

No comments: