Monday, October 26, 2009

Some Highlights

This past weekend was wonderful because for the first time in a long time I was in Lexington (at least for the majority of the weekend) and I didn't have a whole heck of a lot to do. So here are some highlights:

1. Of course, another wedding. This weekend was Brent and Karin's reception (they had the gorgeous wedding in Florida), and although it was out of town, because Derek had to work all weekend we were only out of town for Saturday evening. I love seeing our northern kentucky friends - so fun!

2. I saw someone steal gas! I was waiting for the person in front of me to finish and the guy at the pump next to me finished pumping his gas, laid the nozzle on the ground and drove away without paying. The attendant said she got his license plate number and was calling the police. What I don't understand is why he chose to steal gas from the pump closest to the attendant. It was at Kroger and the attendant is in the middle and he was at the pump closest to the middle. You would think if you were going to steal gas you would at least do it at the pump furthest away where the attendant can't see your license plate.

3. I finished reading Harry Potter. I had lots of free time so I lounged around and read ALOT. The last Harry Potter book was sooooo good. I LOVE Harry Potter.

4. I met Jules Camara, kind of. Remember Jules, he played for UK a few years back? Well he and his girlfriend were at the dog park this weekend when I took Moose. Well Moose loves the dog park more than anything. He loves all of the people and dogs and will make friends with anyone who will throw a ball with him. Well Jules' girlfriend had 3 bright new tennis balls and there is nothing Moose loves more than a bright new tennis ball. She also happened to be in the shade, which Moose, being a black dog likes to hang out in the shade. So he wouldn't leave them alone. They threw the ball for him once and he was their best friend. So I figured since my dog would not leave them alone I should go over and be friendly. And they were really nice. Jules even said he thought my engagement ring was pretty! I just hope they weren't too annoyed that Moose had decided they were his new best friends :)

No comments: